Acne, also known as acne vulgaris, is a long-term skin disease that occurs when hair follicles are clogged with dead skin cells and oil from the skin. It is characterized by blackheads or whiteheads, pimples, oily skin, and possible scarring.It primarily affects areas of the skin with a relatively high number of oil glands, including the face, upper part of the chest, and back.The resulting appearance can lead to anxiety, reduced self-esteem and, in extreme cases, depression or thoughts of suicide.
Ok!! Enough story, here are actually what you really need to know about Acne;
10) Don’t be over cleansing and scrubbing: Harsh scrubs can do more harm than good. You want to look clean and fresh everytime? Over cleansing and scrubbing can irritate the skin and aggravate inflammation which can further increase the chances of scarring. Cleansing 2 to 3 times per day is a good enough frequency.
9) Certain drugs can make you breakout!: For example, certain steroid drugs, like prednisone (for allergies). Antiepileptic meds and lithium may also cause acne, because they can trigger the oil glands to make extra oil.
8) Tweak your Diet: Certain food products cause sudden increase in blood sugar and trigger a boost in insulin. Rise in insulin leads to increase in pore clogging cells and sebum. Add more veggies, beans and grains to your diet and cut down on carbohydrate rich food like pasta, pizza, white rice etc.
7) When you’re buying moisturizers, sunscreen, and makeup, look out for oil-free, noncomedogenic products: These are products that sit on your face all day. And if you’re prone to acne, the last thing you want is an oil-based product infusing more oil into your already clogged pores. “oil-free” and “noncomedogenic” are the buzzwords that you should look for in your products, as they won’t clog pores or cause acne in general. Remember Oil free products.
6) You should not pop or pick on your pimple: If you do, it might lead to more inflammation and increase the chances of scar formation. Best bet would be leave your pimple like that and just dab a bit of anti acne gel on it for faster recovery.
5) Makeup brush or Powder puff should be cleaned regularly: Even if your makeup is noncomedogenic, there’s still going to be oil and bacteria from your face transferring over onto your brushes, and then back again onto your face the next day. “So you’ll want to wash them at least once a week,”(Here’s more info on how your makeup harbors germs and how to fix it.) FYI: The same thing happens with your cell phone, so its either you keep it clean or avoid long calls with it up to your face.
4) Acne can affect anyone with any type of skin: I know you must have heard that people with oily skin get acne more often, that might not be the case. “I have people with oily skin that don’t break out at all, and other people with dry skin who break out severely,” What it really comes down to is whether you’re prone to acne at all, And if you are, then having oily skin could just make everything worse.
3) De-stress your life: Stress can be linked with the severity of acne. So try relax, that will make you more happier and healthy. A stress free life will also keep the pimples at bay.
2) Don’t wait to begin treatment: The best thing to do to help deal with acne is to begin treatment as soon as possible. Do not wait and watch. The earlier you begin treating acne the better, not only for your skin but also for your self esteem. The #best course is to stick with proven treatments. Use products with tretinoin, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, clindamycin and adapalene. Consistent use of treatment medications will help control your acne.
1) Talk to your Doctor: It seems like something everyone deals with, so it can be tempting to just brush it off and not consider bringing it up at a checkup. But your doctor can refer you to a dermatologist, or they can check for any other symptoms to see if there’s some underlying cause, like polycystic ovary syndrome, which begins around puberty for girls.
You can have your life Back,Acne should not stop You. You are still beautiful and prettily Handsome.