A Katsina Chief Magistrate’s Court today sentenced one Gambo Saeed to nine months imprisonment for insulting and defaming the character of Katsina state governor, Aminu Masari, on social media.
At the hearing of the case against Saeed today, the Police Prosecutor, Inspector Isa Liti told the court that Saeed was arraigned following complaints received from the Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on Radio Monitoring, Mansur Ali Mashi
“Mashi said the accused person abused Masari and called him names on social media. He said the accused person posted on the media that it was Gov. Masari who influenced the impeachment of Speaker of Katsina State House of Assembly, Aliyu Muduru.’’
According to Liti, Saeed was arrested and arraigned for intentional insult, defamation of the governor’s character and inciting disturbance.
The charges were in accordance with sections 399, 392 and 114 of the Penal Code. Saeed pleaded guilty to the charges.
Chief Magistrate Abdu Ladan, found the accused guilty and sentenced him to 9 months imprisonment without an option of fine.
- Top 10 Latest Naija Hits March 2017
- Photos of BB Naija Thin Tall Tony’s 2 year old son on his birthday
- Hollywood actress, Taraji P. Henson, gives fan an epic clapback on Instagram
- Yvonne Nelson vs Nadia Buhari on Bikinis! Who slayed more?
- Hit or miss? See what the next generation heels will look like!